I currently have a two-year-old and a six-month-old and am best described as a hot mess. If it weren’t for some things, I would just be a mess (not even a hot one). Without further ado, I present to you a compilation of doodads and whatnots that I *must* have as a mom in order to keep life moving a bit more smoothly aka things that help me stay sane.
1. BB Cream – BB Cream, tinted moisturizer, whatever you want to call it… this stuff does NOT give you the coverage of a regular foundation, but it IS ten times quicker than putting on a full face with contour and I’m still feeling myself by the end of it.
2. A planner – Get yourself to Hobby Lobby. Jotting down my to-do’s for the next day before I go to bed is like the equivalent of a therapy session for me.
3. A Princess Peach – Next time you are at a soda shop drive-thru, order my signature drink: Mt. Dew with peach and coconut syrups and vanilla cream. You’re welcome.
4. Journal – Let it out, girl.
5. Microfiber towel – Use this on your hair instead of terrycloth. It is so much softer on your hair and will improve your quality of life in the smallest and simplest way. Or just a cotton t-shirt will do.
6. Baby wipes – You already know this. They are universal. Versatile. Sent from heaven. Baby wipes do all the things.
7. Faux leather – If you need something and there is a version of it made with faux leather, get that one. Diaper bag? Rug? Couch? Baby bib? Pillowcase*? Get the faux leather because it is SO EASY to clean. See item #6.
8. Moisturizer – No matter your skin type, do not skip moisturizing. Just trust me. Or trust Google.
9. Activate “Hey Siri” – Not an item, but this life hack is gonna save your butt if it hasn’t already. Lost your phone but you’re not wearing your watch to ding it? Just shout, “Hey Siri! Where the heck are you?” and her sweet voice will guide you to her.
10. Humans tend to work with groups of 3, 5, or 10, so here is your number ten in case only nine things in a list will drive you crazy. But it’s just here for looks, because like I said, I’m a hot mess. I can only give you nine things today. Thanks for your understanding.
*Just kidding about the leather pillowcase. That sounds horrible.
Shelby is a wife to her high school sweetheart and a young mother to two little boys. She has had experience as a contributor for other blogs before finding herself at The Mamahood Blog and considers writing a passion of hers. She graduated in 2018 with a degree in TESOL and Spanish Education with a Theatre minor from Brigham Young University – Idaho and now lives in Twin Falls, Idaho with her family. She works as an ESL teacher, Spanish tutor, and photographer. Shelby is an avid reader, enjoys home decorating, and loves to craft. Her idea of a perfect date is taking a long drive with her husband with no particular destination in mind while the kids sleep in the back seat. She is an extroverted introvert who could talk with her besties for hours but can also go three days without leaving the house. Above everything, Shelby values quality time spent with her husband and baby.
designed by Michelle gifford creative
powered by Showit
We’re excited you are here, and we love you! Our hope is that we can keep this place uplifting for all types of moms in all seasons of life! So when you have 2 seconds, we hope you'll make some friends, kick back, and stay awhile!