Life changes. And skin changes. But WHAT IF you could control you skin’s destiny?
You can…… You control 80% of your skin’s future (only 20% is genetic). When I first found that out, my mind was blown. The choices you make today will affect the way you look and feel tomorrow, next year and well into the future. WHAT IF you could always be a few steps ahead, anticipating your skin’s biological needs? Well you can. With the right care, your skin can visibly improve with age so you can look even better tomorrow than you do today. Now how does that make you feel? I used to think that I had no control, that I hoped I would just be lucky like some women you encounter. I quickly realized as I aged that my skin wasn’t everything that I had hoped for and more. Once I started noticing wrinkles around my eyes and forehead, I knew something had to change. It literally felt like over night I started to look old. Then came a pregnancy and all of the hormonal acne that comes along with that. I thought I was supposed to just glow?! Not glowing, I looked like a pin cushion. In came a product and company I love, and what it’s taught me is how to take care of my skin with clinical grade products. Forever changed I tell yeah.
These are some daily habits I, and other women I’ve encountered, swear by:
1. Eat well. What you put into your body is as important as the products you put on your face. Eat a healthy diet, including a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables. They’re packed with vitamins and antioxidants that can do wonders for your complexion. Acne CAN’T be cured, but it can be controlled and prevented.
2. Drink a lot of water. When you’re hydrated, skin looks and feels softer, smoother and younger. Make sure you’re drinking extra water during and after exercise and when you’re out in the sun and heat.
3. Exercise regularly: Daily exercise not only boosts your mood, it relieves stress, improves circulation and can lead to more radiant and glowing skin.
4. Hands off the face. Breakout-triggering, pore-clogging bacteria is everywhere. Avoid touching your face ( if you’re a picker like me this is really really hard) , and when you do, wash your hands with soap and water first. Keep the other objects that touch your face as germ-free as possible, too. Clean your cell phone regularly, and sanitize your makeup brushes and applicators weekly.
5. Wear SPF. A broad-spectrum sunscreen is “the most important product to use every day,” Yes every single day, rain or shine, indoors or out. While window glass effectively blocks UVB rays, UVA rays, which cause premature signs of aging, still get through. This means that whether you’re sitting at a desk by a window, are in a window seat on a plane, or are in a car, your skin is likely being exposed to damaging rays. Studies have found that in the United States, skin damage is worse on the left side of the face and body since that’s where we sit when driving. Windshield glass is usually treated to block UVA and UVB rays, but side windows are not..
6. Wash nightly. Each day, our skin is exposed to pollution, bacteria, sweat and grime, not to mention makeup. None of these things belong on our faces — or your pillow.
7. Cleanse kindly. Don’t traumatize your skin. Stick to lukewarm water (too-cold or too-hot water can be irritating) and avoid overzealous scrubbing, no using a wash cloth and scrubbing until you’re red.
8. Exfoliate regularly. Use a gentle product, like our Enhancements Microdermabrasion Paste, on your face and body up to three times per week to reveal brighter, smoother and softer-looking skin. This is also great at banishing blackheads.
9. Moisturize daily. As you age, natural moisture levels decrease. If skin is overly dry, it can become easily irritated or start over-producing oil. All skin types can benefit from our Active Hydration Serum, according to an 8-day U.S. clinical study, it increases hydration levels by 200% after just one use and keeps it there for eight hours. Have a skincare habit you swear by? I wanna know, please share it below!
designed by Michelle gifford creative
powered by Showit
We’re excited you are here, and we love you! Our hope is that we can keep this place uplifting for all types of moms in all seasons of life! So when you have 2 seconds, we hope you'll make some friends, kick back, and stay awhile!