When it comes to taking photos of a baby, sometimes we end up falling into a pattern and having the same old, same old. So, I’m here to share a few new ideas with you to switch it up a bit and get some new types of photos! I know I’m guilty of snapping “in the moment” photos that I never really look at again or posing my baby in the 3 same spots for photos. Here are 8 ways to get creative with your photoshoots.
3. Make every day moments special- It’s easy to take some photos of your baby while they eat, but next time, try to take good photos of them doing ordinary things! Turn them towards the light, remove any clutter, and try new angles. Put as much effort into their lunch pictures as you do the special occasions and I’m sure these will become some of your fave pics!
4. Holiday themes- We all take Christmas or holiday photos, but how about the smaller holidays. A Valentine’s Day photoshoot would be really fun. All you need is a pink or red outfit and some hearts as props. Or, go for a smaller holiday like national donut day or April Fool’s Day. Have fun with it!
5. Take them somewhere new and record their reactions- Whether it’s a new show, a toy store, or a museum…. you’re bound to get some great pictures when your baby experiences something new! You can even create this reaction in a familiar location by exposing baby to something new- like a new sound, toy, or object.
6. Get the family involved- it can be really fun to get pictures of your baby interacting with different family members! Next time people are over, set up a mini Photoshoot to get nice pictures of them with the baby. Get some candids too!
7. Try a new prop- Babies are usually playing with the same type of stuff. For a change of pace, give them something fun to play with and see their reaction! For example, I gave Hailey my camera and took some really fun photos of her “holding” it and looking perplexed. It was really cute and funny.
8. Let them play with animals or pets-it can be tempting to keep our baby away from their pets, but they love the pets and it makes for some cute photos! I have some great pictures of Hailey playing with our cat’s tail and one where it brushed her eyes and she’s making a funny face!
There are plenty of new ways to change up your usual baby photos. Think outside the box, and you’re sure to take new photos that become your favorites!
designed by Michelle gifford creative
powered by Showit
We’re excited you are here, and we love you! Our hope is that we can keep this place uplifting for all types of moms in all seasons of life! So when you have 2 seconds, we hope you'll make some friends, kick back, and stay awhile!