Well friends, after a month and a half without having internet, our friend at AT&T finally hooked us up! Meanwhile, I will tell you about my secret obsession.
I know there’s been lot of hype about it, but these are my top 10 favorite things to use it for. Hopefully now that I can sit down and write I will have more meaningful posts than oil.
But until then… here’s my top 10:
1. DEEP CONDITIONER: Put it on after you shampoo your hair and let it sit while you finish showering.
2. FRIZZ CONTROL: Just put a tiny drop the size of a dime on your hands, rub together and put on ends of hair. It is a lot like biosilk.
3. BAGGY EYE TREATMENT: Guys, I do this one every night. Ever since having my little, I swear I look 10 years older just from lack of sleep! I started to do this and it just helps you feel refreshed in the morning to smooth skin under your eyes. I get the worst baggy eyes, so I love this one! WARNING: your husband might think you are crying because it leaves a little glistening look on your face. Use it for the sympathy card if needed;)
4. SHAVING CREAM: Silky smooth.
5. LIP BALM: This is also a nightly ritual with my baggy eye treatment.
6. SCALP TREATMENT: This is great for a dry scalp or dandruff. Use a cotton ball, dip it in the coconut oil and go along your scalp doing 1/4 inch sections. Massage your scalp afterwards. I don’t have too much time to do this one on myself, but it’s great for a girls night!
7. STRETCH MARK PREVENTATIVE: I used this on my pregnant belly occasionally and swear by it!
8. EYE LASHES: Just use a q-tip and dab someone the roots of your eye lashes to condition and strengthen them!
9. “STICKY” REMOVER: Okay, this one has nothing to do with “Beauty”… but i’m tellin ya. I had a grease stain on one of my pans that even the dishwasher couldn’t get out and I finally caved and tried my oil. Now I have a clean pan again. Don’t knock it til ya try it!
10. HAND OR BODY SCRUB: This might be one of my favorites. All you do is mix it in with some sugar and use like soap. I remember trying a hand scrub at bath and body that was so magical and this does the same thing. Gets rid of your dead skin and your skin is SO soft afterwards.
This stuff works wonders I tell ya.
What are your favorite uses for coconut oil?