“I’m 100% sure I’m having a girl.” I told myself almost everyday in my first trimester.
15 weeks later..
Doctor: “I’m 100% sure you’re having a BOY.”
I was so excited but completely in shock since I was so sure it was the other way around. My first thoughts were, “Oh gosh, boys are so busy…but I can not wait to find rock collections in their little pants pockets and have adventures with a boy!”
Then it happened. And he is 100% boy. He has 2 speeds: Sleep and run. He is as busy as they come and gets into things that I would’ve never even dreamed of.
But… I do have to say that the toddler stage has been my favorite so far. I know I might be the only one saying that… but here’s why I feel that way:
- They are up for anything (usually). You can get really excited over a spoon and they think it’s the coolest invention ever!
- They love exploring. The world is SO neat to them because they are seeing it for the first time. They’re never in a hurry and enjoy the journey, whether it be finishing a puzzle or going on a walk! Sometimes adults are too focused on the finish line. Toddlers enjoy the steps.
- They laugh at the simple things of life… and aren’t their laughs just the best?! Don’t get me started on how cute their morning and post nap faces and smiles are!
- As their parent, you are everything to them from when they wake up to when they go to bed and even during the sleepless or sick nights. They want YOU.
- They have no shame… could be a tantrum in public, dancing in church, or singing “Let it go” at the top of their lungs in the grocery store and it’s okay.
- They love learning and try so hard to understand little things. It’s amazing when they start to catch on and say things out of the blue that you taught them a few weeks ago.
- Let’s face it. They talk SO cute. Half of it is jibberish, but when you start to hear actual words and the way they say them? Melts me.
- They wrap your arms around your neck (or legs) and give the best kinds of kisses at the most random times…and even sometimes when you need it most, they can sense it.
- They might tear apart your entire house or unravel a whole toilet paper roll, but they are the best snugglers when they’re tired.
- They love you unconditionally and forgive easily. They can get in trouble or be mad at you for one minute, and if you wait about 2 minutes, they’ll come running back to be your bestie.
I think there’s a lot we can learn from them. Somedays it’s hard to look passed the messes or tantrums, but one day we’ll look back and miss these days when they’re so little. We’ll miss those little arms wrapped around our necks and the little funny things they do. So for now, I’m enjoying every minute of toddlerhood because it goes too fast!
What are some of your favorites?